Our preschoolers have had a great time in June learning and reciting our Memory Verse “I can do everything by the power of Christ” Philippians 4:13.
They learned that God loves us so much that he sent Jesus to be our friend forever and when we love and trust him, he gives us the power to:
- love in a way that’s different from the world
- have joy in our hearts even when we are not having fun
- have peace wherever we are and whatever we are doing because God always takes care of us
- have patience when we are used to living in a “hurry up” world
- show kindness to everyone; not just people who are like us
During July, our preschoolers will continue with our Power up theme and that Jesus gives us the power to love others, even those who not easy to love. This powerful kind of love looks a lot like goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Our prayer is that in the midst of playing games, laughing and connecting with friends, our preschoolers will learn how much Jesus wants to help them be all that God made them to be. Everything that Jesus is—love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control—is available to us. All we have to do is plug into the power source and POWER UP!